Denim Day 2022 will be commemorated on April 27. Every year, this observance falls on the last Wednesday in the month of April. Denim Day is a day of solidarity where people stand up in support of victims of sexual assault and raise awareness of the right way to handle this topic, how to be there for a sexual assault survivor, and more. People often share Denim Day quotes and messages, Denim Day 2022 wishes, Denim Day WhatsApp Stickers and Facebook Status Pictures with family and friends.
The observance of Denim Day is a reminder of just the long way that sexual assault victims, especially women, have had to pave to just receive access to justice and legal rights. This day is focused on raising awareness about the need for support and protection for sexual assault victims and highlights the steps that one can take to ensure that we create a safe environment for people to speak up and share their trauma. As we prepare to mark Denim Day 2022, here are some Denim Day quotes and messages, Denim Day 2022 wishes, Denim Day WhatsApp Stickers and Facebook Status Pictures that you can share with your family and friends. Denim Day 2022 Date, History and Significance: An Important Day in Sexual Assault Awareness Month To Combat Victim Blaming.
Denim Day 2022 Quotes And Messages
- Let us put on our jeans and tell this world that we don’t need to change but assaulters need to change.
- On the occasion of Denim Day, let us come together and this world aware of the sexual assault many people have to face in their lives.
- We must continue the fight against the injustice of social abuse in and out individually. Be a warrior for someone this day.
- On the occasion of Denim Day, it is important for us to make everyone aware of the sexual assault that people face around the world.
- Stand up this Denim Day 2022 and show your lovely support for the beautiful people who are fighting emotionally against the cause of denim day.
In 1992 in Muro Lucano, Italy 60 miles from Naples, an 18-year-old girl came forward after experiencing sexual violence following her first driving lesson. The girl was wearing jeans and was forced by her instructor to get out of the car and was sexually assaulted and raped. When the girl appealed to a higher court to increase the sentence of the convicted rapist, the rapist appealed to the Italian Supreme Court, which overturned the conviction in 1998, citing that since the victim was wearing very tight jeans, she must have participated in the act. This horrific judgement and the victim-blaming that followed is what we strive to fight with the commemoration of Denim Day. it is a reminder to everyone that no matter how someone is dressed, it does not give people the authority or the opportunity to assault them or force them into anything. That at the end of the day, No will always mean just that – NO.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Apr 27, 2022 09:49 AM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).
Read the original article here